Friday, February 22, 2013

A first and a then a lesson

Stone and I are going about the morning in a rather typical fashion.  Each of us going about our routines, etc.  The only real difference is that he has been getting up early the past few mornings and not gone back down, simply goes into the railroad room to play.  Unless of course he needs something from the kitchen staff.  He has this freedom as this week we moved into his toddler bed, which he loves!

Our mid day nap process lacks consistency to say the least.  However, being that is the first full week in the new "cage-less sleeping place" I think we are getting better about understanding each other when it comes to resting time ... He will typically come out of the room at least once before finally settling.  

A few hours ago he opened the door, "dady dady dady"

J, "stone carter stone caarteerr". I get up to head that way ... got through the door as he ran back into the room giggling as I was approaching.

S, "lovudady" runs up and grabs legs making the hug sound "aauuhhmmm"

Then sprints between my legs "letgo letgGGOOO railroads railroads" ...

I could not help but laugh and cry and shake my head and such loving and caring obstinance.

So he plays trains for a bit in the railroad room.  Out of nowhere - boom - train track on top of the foot.  I am being attacked by a two year old who just declared his adoration of me ... with train track parts.

J, "please DO NOT throw things at people"

S, smile - throws another train part

J, "WE DO NOT throw things at people"

S, pout and shrug and off to find monkey, who of course understands completely ... finds monkey ... attacks dady with monkey

J, "you can throw monkey, just not at people"

S, smile ... goes to get larger thomas toy ... tosses at dady

J, catches flying thomas engine, "we do not throw things at people" 

S, runs toward door, turns around to ensure that I am watching (I am) turns about and plants himself on the ground in full superman mode and lets out a primal initial scream ... then looks eyes with me ... waiting my retort ...

J, "you are not in trouble, we simply don't through things at other people"

S, smile, giggle, springs to his feet and runs back into the room gets in bed ready to sleep for a bit.

J, J n S