Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A brief conversation

Stone is beginning to practice and acquire more words for his vocabulary daily.  This for 99 percent of the day is great and fun and exciting and all those positive things.  The only real downside is when I am clearly two stoopid too stunderand thaw he si clearly moccincating.

Part of our current morning ritual involves the watching of, listening to and interacting with (toy) trains.  So nothing new for either of us when I try to get him started downstairs where I am getting food, etc. ready and normally within five to fifty seconds he is already saying, "Bye, C Uuuu, Luuf to, up tair gogogo railroads O K" ... and up the stairs he goes typically carrying a few parts of the downstairs train world to the upstairs train world.  

This morning, not much changed.  Initially there was nothing on the big shiny thing on the wall in the upstairs train room, so the conversation went as follows once I arrived with a plate of food:

S: a doot a tric too too too for railroad railroad engien tic woo click pees
J: So you would like to watch the engines on the railroad on the wall?
S: engin egiiieeeenn woo wooo chooooo choo tic reer aboocentiseranty no?
J: I apologze for only understanding that you would really like to see engines that sound like choo choo.

Turn on the three or so devices necessary to watch steam trains ...

S: YYYEEAAAHH [giant smile and arms in the air] eeeiinnnggiieenn
J: Yes, engines on the railroad
S: raaiilroo raaaiirooad railrooaa raaayroad [just repeat sequence in your mind for a bout two minutes while the movie starts and he climbs onto my lap]
S: no noo no engine sco to iceee noo no lisseen no noo no
J: what is the matter, why no?
S: [pointing towards the remotes] no engine noo choo chooo CCHHOO
J: You do want to watch trains right?
S: uh huu, uh huu (yes has not entered his vocabulary just yet)
J: Then what can I do for you with remotes?
S: istr istee choo choo engine railroad eingien on railroooa no listtn
J: Can you not hear the engine on the railroad?
S: no no engine listen railrooa tisredyer pees
J: Ok, I will turn it up.
S: taank uu railroad engin cchhoo CCHHOOO

Big smile, hopped off the lap and on the morning went.

J, J n S