Friday, September 23, 2016

Some fall "Nature"

Please pardon the poor image quality in the link.  However, we have been treated to some exciting sights in the past few days. 

At dusk a few days ago, I glanced out the window as I heard something that sounded like wood colliding.  Well there was a mature mule deer butting heads with an immature male (who was still in velvet).  This evening we got to walk up to him and his two "cute" horns have dropped the velvet and are quite pointy.  During the spar, the larger male was being "polite" to the little one, only really keeping him away, not trying to hurt him.  I got a few shots of terrible quality (I know I said that already)  but you get the idea.

Also this evening I was walking back into the garage and noticed a smaller dark spider.  Stone and I grabbed some flashlights, and I saw what I thought was a small red marking on the underside ... take a look!

Cheers, and welcome to fall (:

Jeff