Now, not normally would pity be something I necessarily want to "achieve" as far as things parenting go ... in this case today the milestone wasn't pity an emotional respect ... it was her first attempt at "please?"
As usual I am feeding and entertaining her while he sleeps in. This morning she went through her usual routine of going to each of the locations of the variations of sugar that we have. The two "cubes" in the pantry that contain sweet tarts and cookie bears, then over to the actual cookie jars to ask for the specific cookie in the large container. After another shake of the head and gentle "no" from me she moved to her last resort, the brownie tray ... all to no avail as I was not dispensing any sugar this morning.
She finally conceded, "balabla?", pointing to the bananas ...
I replied, "yes, can you say balabla please?"
"BALABLA BALABLA" jumping jumping jumping ... one of her earliest forms of "yes, you finally are correct" based communication was jumping. Funny.
Anywho, she had her balabla and some cheerios and went about her morning of placing the cheerios in places that I won't find for a while. I was finding some of them when I heard "pitee" "PITEE"
She was back at the snack area ready for "clitchs" (chips) ...
"You would like chips?"
"clitchs pitee"
:)
We have achieved "please" ... tiny battle, big war.
Jeff