Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A bit of sleet

As I walked the various remnants from the kitchen to the compost pile this morning I was greeted by a light, nearly mist, of sleet falling.  Stone and I spent a good few hours outside yesterday knowing that the next few days offered some chance of rain.  I was not quite expecting frozen stuff just yet; however, it did provide a gentle reminder of the weather to come in a couple of months.

As for other things to come in the next few months, I have been mostly consumed with the nesting process. Below is a brief list: some has been done, some needs to be done and some are nice to think about ...

  • Install remaining ceiling fans and light fixtures
  • Assemble and install shelving
  • Assemble and rearrange furniture (think Chinese Fire Drill for the furniture in the bedrooms)
  • Prep the out of doors for the Winter
  • Organize both sets of clothes, him and hers, oh and maybe ours
  • Get painted canvases up on the walls
  • Assemble crib
  • Assemble chair/glider
  • Paint her room
  • Paint his room
  • Paint a couple of bathrooms
  • Garage re-organization/winterization
  • Build and install laundry riser
  • Prep two bikes to sell
I'm sure there are a few forgotten, but you get the gist.  I have managed to get a few progress pics snapped of her room that I'll get loaded in an organized way now that we are almost finished with the room.  So as for process and "things" I'm in a good place timing wise.  As for mental stability leading to a new life that one is responsible for, is one ever prepared?

He continues to entertain, frustrate, delight and challenge one certain dad on a daily basis.  He is forming set of sentences, questions, requests, inquiries and demands on an hourly basis.  While we do understand each other quite well, and for certain segments of the day operate quite independently of each other, I do seem to get a raised voice from time to time with pouty face and maybe a tear when things don't go quite his way on his time frame.  At other times in the same day he might fall of his bike, run head first into something or have some other sort of toddler trauma that would normally send a child into a screaming bit of madness for a time.  Nope, he normally sits up, asses the situation, gets up, finds me and tells me something hurts.  I ask if it is ok, he says it is, and goes about the day.  

Momma is doing well, now very much looking forward to meeting her.

I'll get some updated images up soon.  Enjoy the coming Fall.

J